[Radiance-general] Radiance animation questions

Roland Schregle [email protected]
Wed, 17 Dec 2003 13:58:03 +0100

Peter Apian-Bennewitz wrote:

> RenderMan (and probably others) use different textures/patterns
> depending on distance (more exactly on the solid angle the pixel
> covers).  This angle is not supplied in the function files (at least it
> wasn't when I discussed that with Greg two years ago), so view dependent
> textures are a bit tricky to do. One reason for not making it available
> was that it is known in rvu/rpict, but not rtrace. If we agree (on
> radiance-dev) it would be useful, I'd be happy to see this variable.

Actually, a solid angle in the context of rtrace would be useful in
general. In situations where you don't need this info, you can simply
set it to zero, denoting an infinitesimal solid angle.

--
Roland Schregle
PhD candidate, Fraunhofer Institute for Solar Energy Systems

END OF LINE. (MCP)