[Radiance-general] Re: [Fwd: spotlight definition]

Greg Ward [email protected]
Tue, 16 Dec 2003 08:35:38 -0800

The weights correspond to the conversion matrix between Radiance's RGB
color space and CIE XYZ (the Y channel, specifically).  This is not
very well correlated to the V-lambda curve, because the conversion
depends so strongly on the exact choice of red, green, and blue
primaries.  In the case of Radiance and most standard RGB systems, the
red primary is much closer to the peak of V-lambda than is the blue
primary.  Thus, the contribution of the blue channel to luminance is
much reduced.

I hope this explains things for you.
-Greg