[Radiance-general] Renaming "rview"

Rob Guglielmetti [email protected]
Mon, 08 Dec 2003 10:18:16 -0500

Greg Ward wrote:

>     "gencat" -> "gencatenary"
>
> This is a little-used, optional generator for catenaries.  I see nothing
> against making the name longer and more explicit.  I don't think anyone
> expected it to generate a feline, but I imagine quite a few users
> wondered what the heck it did generate, as there's no man page for it.
> (Saba Roufchaie wrote this little gem, and I find it invaluable for
> making certain objects, like hanging chains and ropes.)

Didn't even know that existed, thanks.  There's at least an argument
listing in the .c file, until you mentioned it I had no idea it was
there.  Maybe I should kick around in the radiance directories some
more, see what kind of other trouble I can get myself into.

> Consider it a chance to
> contribute to the next release even if you've never written a line of C
> code.  Here are the candidates.
>
> 1.    "rvu"
>
> Possibly my favorite, because it's short and unique, and if you say the
> letters, you get back the original.

rvu.  Like, totally.  Short is good, the letters are perfectly placed on
the keyboard for my hunt-n-peck style, and as you say, you can still
pronounce it "rview".  I dig it.

----

      Rob Guglielmetti

e. [email protected]