[Radiance-general] Renaming "rview"

Mark Stock [email protected]
Mon, 8 Dec 2003 09:36:33 -0500 (EST)

On my Radiance boxes:

Conflicting executables on Linux localhost 2.4.20-20_29.rh9.at #1 Sat Sep
6 23:58:59 EDT 2003 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
/usr/bin/gencat
/usr/bin/neat
/bin/rview

Although I always put the Radiance path between "." and the rest of
my path anyways, and have never run into these problems.

As for the new names, I like rviewer---I do the filename-completion
thing often, and I use that program often. I like the names you
suggested for the others, though I use them far less frequently.

Mark

On Mon, 8 Dec 2003, Greg Ward wrote:

> I only had a few responses to my request to run "radcollisions.csh" on
> different machines.  If you missed this message and are still willing
> to help, I have attached the script (slightly modified) to look for
> command name conflicts between Radiance on your machine.  This will
> help me determine what command need renaming for the next release.
[cut]