[Radiance-general] Re: [Radiance-dev] RADIANCE pmap 3.13 on CYGWIN

[email protected] [email protected]
Tue, 19 Aug 2003 21:55:54 +0200

Roland Schregle <[email protected]> wrote:

> YEEEEHA! :^)

Happy you liked it!

> > Today I noticed there already is a pmap version
> > for radiance 3R5, so I'll have to rebuild it
>
> You might wanna wait a bit with that; there's a few bugs which still
> need cleaning up, plus Bernhard Spanlang may have discovered some
> weirdness in conjunction with the GLOW primitive. I expect the next
> release will be ready by early september. (Or not. Probably not. :^)

Ok, I'll wait until the next release.
But let us know when!
(Or did I miss the last announcement?)

I hope to have more time to experiment with pmap.
(I'm currently developing a Blender interface for Radiance,
and I also want to inlcude a way to manage the pmap extension)

>lacking time, funding, and (above all)
>motivation, I will no longer be adding features to the photon map. I
>will make bugfixes to the existing code when necessary, but only for a
>limited time since the addon sees limited use anyway.

You seem to be rather sad about it.
I found it to be a very useful piece of software,
especially for lighting pipe and redirecting system design.
Once again, thanks for your work!

Francesco.