[Radiance-general] rview problem with radiance on hp-ux

Peter Apian-Bennewitz [email protected]
Fri, 11 Apr 2003 17:24:54 +0200

Stein �ge Bruvoll wrote:

> I`m wondering, is rview a part of the radiance package, or is it a
> standalone program not usually shipped with hp-ux?
> If its not in radiance, is there an alternate command in hp-ux that
> makes an image from an octtree?

Not that I'd be aware of its existence, even after some years with
HP-UX.  HP-UX 11.00 manpages don't show it neither. Maybe some (quiet
old) Starbase (HP's ancient graphic lib) had something with that name.
I've just tried compiling Radiance 3R5 on HP-UX 10.0, that worked except
an error in 'x11twind.c' . That could probably be fixed if you're really
interested. On HPUX 11 I don't know.
My personal thought If you have PA-RiSC (HP's "Precision Architektur"
CPU)  hardware to use, but no compelling reasons to run HP-UX,  Debian
Linux offers a more standardized system, and it runs fairly well on
non-Intel CPUs. Although the XFree server is not supported on all models
and HP graphic cards ( = use PA-RISC for calculation).

regards
Peter

--
 pab-opto, Freiburg, Germany, www.pab-opto.de