[Radiance-general] Re: Display resolution

Greg Ward [email protected]
Sun, 6 Apr 2003 18:17:38 -0700

> From: Reidar Andreas Richardsen <[email protected]>
>
> I wish there was some way to manually set the size of rview and rholo
> windows. I believe both of these programs scales to fill the monitor,
> wich is just fine on my 768 pixel high Powerbook. However, my
> dual-monitor G4/500 desktop is not very responsive when rholo launches
> a 2500 pixel wide window across both monitors. Similarly, 1200 pixel
> rview windows takes some time to render, and feels "less interactive"
> on the large-screen desktop.
>
> Or is it just me who have overlooked something obvious?

If you are using Apple's beta X11 server, you will also have access to
the Quartz window manager, which you can call from your ~/.xinitrc file
with:

quartz-wm &

This provides a handy "zoom" button, which pressing once causes the
associated window to take up all of one (not both) screens.  Then, you
can grab and drag the lower right corner of the window to make it any
size you like.  This works for both rview and rholo.

-Greg