[Radiance-general] Radiance install on Mac OS X (Jaguar)

John An [email protected]
Fri, 20 Sep 2002 12:19:57 -0400

I am currently trying to install Radiance in XDarwin on a Macintosh
running Mac OSX 10.2.  I am completely new to UNIX, so my question may
be simplistic.  Please bare with me.  If this question is
inappropriate, then please let me know, and I will not fill your
inboxes.

I read Greg Ward's response to Galen Burrell, and tried following the
direction.

When I try running the ./makeall install script, I always come up with
errors.
When I try copying the files manually, I also run into problems

I'm trying to install into /usr/local/radiance

With the cp -rp lib /usr/local/radiance/lib/ray command, I get a
message saying that the file is identical.
With the cp -p src/*.cal /usr/local/radiance/lib/ray command, I get a
message saying that there was no match.

I'm sure it's my ignorance that's causing the problem.

Again, I'm a complete newbie, so I really don't know what I'm doing,
but am willing to learn and experiment.

Can you point me to a resource that will help me understand the install
process?  I understand that my question is really remedial, but I know
I'll understand better the installation process under UNIX through this
task of having to install Radiance.

Thanks in advance for your time and patience.

John An