[Radiance-general] Re: intermediate sky

Francesco Anselmo [email protected]
Mon, 28 Oct 2002 15:57:17 +0100

Hi!

> I meant to reply to this message earlier, but I forgot.

No problem!

> I also forgot
> where the intermediate sky model I used in gensky came from, but it
> wasn't my idea.

Ok, I'll try to find it by myself somehow ...

> I do recall that there were a few models competing at
> the time -- I wasn't aware that Nakamura, Oki et al was selected as the
> standard.  Can you provide a reference?

Of course! I can scan a copy of the CIE technical report and send it to
you ... just let me know ...

> At any rate, most people who are interested in more sophisticated sky
> simulations rely on the gendaylit program

I've used it sometimes, I know it uses the All-weather sky model, but I
was interested in understanding how gensky works, that's all ...

Thank you!

--
Francesco Anselmo
[email protected]