[Radiance-general] rtrace: strange behaviour

Georg Mischler [email protected]
Fri, 25 Oct 2002 13:56:21 -0400 (EDT)

Francesco Anselmo wrote:

> [...]
> $echo '0 0 0 0 0 1' | rtrace -ad 2048 -as 1024 -h -w -I+ -ab 1 \
> p2.oct | rcalc -e '$1=$1/0.0316'
> 0.413590506
>
> Hey! What happened?
>
> If I set -as 0 I still get a good value ... is it a trouble with my way of
> using it or something wrong with the code?
> Should I use some other -a* switch?

Since this is the zenithal patch, that's the expected result.
Well, maybe not expected without seeing the code, but the ambient
ray distribution happens to have a small statistical irregularity
near the normal vector of the measuring plane. Any other patch
of your sky should give you a value very close to 0.5.

-schorsch

Georg Mischler  --  simulations developer  --  schorsch at schorsch.com
+schorsch.com+  --  lighting design tools  --  http://www.schorsch.com/