[Radiance-general] an invisible glow

Georg Mischler [email protected]
Thu, 24 Oct 2002 07:07:52 -0400 (EDT)

Carsten Bauer wrote:

> A real invisible glow comparable to the illum which works with the
> direct calculation, too, should be not too difficult to implement as a
> new primitive ("glow-illum"), at least I think so ...

The relevant difference between glow and illum in this context is
that *glow* is ignored for the *direct* calculation if it exceeds
the distance specified, not the other way round. Illum is only
ignored/replaced for direct view rays, but participates normally
in both the direct and indirect calculation for all other rays.

If I understand the original question correctly, then illum is
the solution.

-schorsch

Georg Mischler  --  simulations developer  --  schorsch at schorsch.com
+schorsch.com+  --  lighting design tools  --  http://www.schorsch.com/