[Radiance-general] Re: my real question

Greg Ward [email protected]
Thu, 10 Oct 2002 09:28:09 -0700

Hi Qing,

I don't really have anything to add to what Dr. Peter and I have
written, already.  You may use the -fac option of rtrace to get a
Radiance RGBE image on the output, which you may then pass to any of
the Radiance picture filters and converters provided (e.g., pfilt,
pcomb, ra_ppm, etc.).  You have not given me enough specifics about
your project for me to determine whether or not rpict could generate
the views directly, but in most cases, it can.  Rpict has options for
fore and aft clipping planes, parallel and fisheye views, and view
camera features.  Anyway, if you need to use rtrace, we have given you
at least three methods for doing so.

One other thing you might investigate is the code in
ray/src/common/process.c, which provides routines for communicating
with a separate rtrace process from a controlling program.  For an
example of how you might do this, you can look at the code in
ray/src/px/pinterp.c.

-Greg