[Radiance-general] Rendering Panoramas

Lars Grobe [email protected]
Wed, 27 Nov 2002 01:14:49 +0100 (MET)

Hi List!

I am playing around with the vt-settings of rpict. I have the panotools
installed, and as I had some cylindrical projection renderings (rpict -vtc ), I
was quite happy with the results when viewing them in ptviewer. However, I
don't know which projection type is needed to get the sphere-projection that
ptviewer seams to support as well. Using -vta gives strange results, and the
fisheye limits me to 180 degrees, so I won't be able to turn around?

I wonder if there are others using ptviewer with radiance pictures, maybe
the answer is too simple to find ;-) If not, I will have to investigate this
deeper - I am quite new to panoramas and I am using them only as a tool to get
an overview of the scenes I am currently building.

CU, Lars.

BTW, do you know about good ressources on using make to do rendering? I know
the example files from radsite, and I know the gnu-make documentation, but
is there anybody who has done some more work on this? I am developing my own
makefile templates at the moment, but I have still lots of problems as some
aspects of radiance differ from the standard build process.

NEU: Mit GMX ins Internet. Rund um die Uhr f�r 1 ct/ Min. surfen!