[Radiance-general] computing illuminance across a grid

Phillip Greenup [email protected]
Thu, 23 May 2002 08:31:00 +1000

Hi Rob,

Do you have rillum?  if you have rillum, it makes this process somewhat easier.

1. create an input file with a pile of measuring points and positions,
similar to your 60 60 30 0 0 1.  cnt and rcalc can help in the creation of
this file, but it can also be done in any text editor, or spreadsheet and
exported as an ascii file.  use one line per measuring point.
2. rillum [rtrace options] octree < infile > outfile

the output file then contains a column of illuminances corresponding to the
measuring points and orientations defined in the input file.  if you wish,
you can then use lam to put the input and output files together in a table.

good luck!
Phil Greenup.