[Radiance-general] Radiance workshop preregistration deadline

Greg Ward [email protected]
Wed, 15 May 2002 10:12:35 -0700

Just a reminder that the deadline for pre-registration is TODAY!
--------------

CALL FOR PARTICIPATION -- RADIANCE WORKSHOP

What:	Scientific Applications Using RADIANCE

Where:	University of Applied Sciences of Fribourg, Switzerland

When:	September 30 to October 1 or 2, 2002

Organizers:	Rapha�l Compagnon and Greg Ward

Estimated Cost:	200-300 CHF per person to cover meals and Greg's travel

Purpose:
To provide researchers with an opportunity to present their work with
Radiance, and to share ideas and solutions with workshop participants.
Participants are invited to give a 20 minute talk, which will be
followed by 10-15 minutes of open discussion.  No printed proceedings
will be produced, but a CD-ROM will be distributed to attendees that
will include electronic materials submitted by the speakers and edited
by the organizers.

Greg will open the workshop with an overview of Radiance development,
the current 3.4 release, and an update on his work in high dynamic range
imaging and visualization.

If you would like to give a talk, please submit a preliminary title and
abstract or short description to the e-mail address below.  If you wish
to attend the workshop but not give a talk, let us know and we will see
if we can accommodate you.  If you are a student who would like to give
a talk but cannot afford the registration fee, let us know this, also.

Rates in Fribourg are around 120 CHF/night for a three star hotel.  (1
CHF ~ 0.6 USD or 0.66 EURO)  We will look into getting a 10-15% discount
at one or more hotels once we find out how many attendees we can
expect.  In all likelihood, the workshop will last two days start to
finish, but if the response is large, we may need to make it two and a
half days.  There is also a national exposition happening at the time,
which attendees may wish to include on their itinerary.  See
http://www.expo.02.ch for details.

A final announcement with the agenda, workshop dates and registration
fees will be sent out in late May, and registration will be due on June
15.  Please complete the form below if you would like to attend.  We
look forward to meeting you in Firbourg!

------------------------- Pre-registration
Form ----------------------------

Attendee Name (First M. Last, Title):
E-mail: