[Radiance-general] Re: animation

Greg Ward [email protected]
Thu, 9 May 2002 22:02:00 -0700

Hi lebele,

I concur with Georg that you should use the -af option of rpict to save
your ambient values, both to accelerate your rendering and to reduce
differences between adjacent frames.  The -ps 8 option you specify is
also going to aggravate sampling errors in your image.  I also think you
should use a larger value for -lr -- 1 is awfully limiting.

If you want to minimize sampling differences, you can explicitly turn
off some of the randomness in Radiance with:
	-dj 0 -sj 0
You will lose penumbras and soft specular reflections in the process,
unfortunately.

I agree with Peter that pinterp will speed things up considerably, along
with the -af option. (INTERPOLATE=4 is a good starting value).

-Greg