[Radiance-general] light maps in radiance

Bernhard Spanlang [email protected]
Wed, 20 Mar 2002 10:26:20 -0000

Hi,

I m planning to create an interactive walkthrough model of a building.
To improve the visual appearance I thought it might be a good idea to
generate illuminated textures.
I know people have done this using radiosity solutions getting quite good
results for example in games engines....
I was wondering if anyone has done this using radiance ???
My idea was to use orthogonal cameras in front of every flat surface, render
the whole scene in radiance from that viewpoint
and then apply the rendered image as a texture back to the surface.
I know this would work only properly on view independent reflectance
materials but anyway has anyone tried ?

Bernhard
--
Bernhard Spanlang,