[Radiance-general] Re: Radiance consortium

Greg Ward [email protected]
Sun, 9 Jun 2002 07:21:23 -0700

I second Chas' motion to start a proper Radiance consortium, and I think
LBNL would cooperate with such an effort as well.  The main thing is to
maintain good communication between developers and users of the
software, as I believe that keeping this open line was Radiance's key to
success in the first place.  A consortium web site with a proper set of
FAQs and links to distributions and sublists for Desktop and UNIX users
would be great.  Contribution from consortium members could take the
form of time and a good host server on a fast connection.  We'd probably
want a mirror site in the U.S. and Europe, and could probably continue
to use the LBNL and ISE sites for this for the time being.

-Greg