[Radiance-general] glare dgi

Randolph Fritz [email protected]
Thu, 18 Jul 2002 20:33:10 -0700

I believe the BRS (British Research Station) glare index is designed
for large areas, like windows.  The time I tried to use the BRS glare
calc, though, my then boss, GZ Brown, felt that my prediction of the
index, derived from a Radiance simulation, was too high.  I did not,
unfortunately, have time to really research the matter when that
turned up; we went with Brown's preferred method of calculating the

Randolph

Ref: *Daylighting* R. G. Hopkinson, P. Petherbridge, J. Longmore.
London, Heinemann, 1966.  (I think that has it--if not, I'd have to
get you a cite for the paper.)