[Radiance-general] calculation consistency & notebook "sleep"?

Rob Guglielmetti [email protected]
Sun, 29 Dec 2002 17:13:38 -0500

Hi everyone (happy holidays!)-

Quick question.  Since I use a laptop (PowerBook/OSX) to do my Radiance
experiments, I have always been loath to start any lengthy calculations
on it, since I inevitably need to put the thing to "sleep" for
transport to/from work, etc.  The long calcs always run on a PC I have
at the office.  But it would be nice to be able to do test scenes on my
laptop, and not have to worry about interrupting the process when I put
the thing to sleep.  So the question is, CAN I?  That is to say, what
happens if I start an rpict or rad process, then put the laptop to
sleep?  If I wake it up later will it pick up where it left off, or
will there be errors in the calculation from that point on?

An inquiring mind wants to know.

Rob Guglielmetti
[email protected]
www.rumblestrip.org