[Radiance-general] Re : Applying materials & non-orthagonal surfaces

Ole Lemming [email protected]
Tue, 20 Aug 2002 12:50:36 +0200

Hello Mark and all

You can use barycentric coordinates on triangular polygons to handle the
normals and other info. I use this in ConRad to preserve the uv info from
3ds files and to allow for smoothing, by interpolating the 3 normals. Both
needs a special cal file.
(The smoothing is not available to the public yet).
With this method it should be possible to do, what you're looking for.

Kind Regards
Ole Lemming
www.openentry.dk