[Radiance-general] texpict...

Lars O. Grobe [email protected]
Sat, 17 Aug 2002 15:00:23 +0200

Hi!

I know that there has been a thread about bumpmaps not long ago. But I found
that Simon Crone has implemented a  texpict modifier for an old version of
radiance. Is there anybody out there  working with this and current radiance
releases? And why has this not been added  to the official radiance code
branch?

I need some kind of bump-mapping, as I have a large model of a church with
some more detailed elements. There are reliefs on parts of the building which
exist in  their geometry, but I don't want to model the relief ;-) BTW, this
would make the model too large, too.

So I will have to use colorpict for now... but I don't really like this... We
have all those nice bumpmap features in our modeling software, and now I have
to tell the others that I work with mapped images... ;-)

BTW, any hints regarding black/white-images as colorpict-maps?

Thank you, CU, Lars.