[Radiance-general] Re: .cal files

Greg Ward [email protected]
Thu, 18 Apr 2002 07:30:26 -0700

Hi Darren,

The man page for the "calc" program provides some basic information
regarding the syntax of the .cal files, which is quite simple in
essence.  (http://radsite.lbl.gov/radiance/man_html/calc.1.html)  There
are some good examples in Chapter 4 of "Rendering with Radiance," which
I naturally recommend to anyone who is using this system.
(http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1558604995/qid%3D1019140007/ref%3Dsr%5F11%5F0%5F1/
102-0825924-1038525)  You should also browse the initialization file in
ray/src/rt/rayinit.cal, which defines and describes the variables and
functions you have access to within the ray tracer.

Hope this helps!
-Greg