[Radiance-general] Re: Re: Problem with big pictures

Greg Ward [email protected]
Fri, 12 Apr 2002 10:17:03 -0700

Hi Martin,

Now that you mention it, I think this is not a bug in rpiece, but a bug
I fixed in the expression evaluation code.  After 2^32 evaluations, the
expression clock was wrapping and causing expression results to go stale
(expressions are anything from a .cal file, including picture mapping
coordinates and sky functions).  This would have the effect you noticed
on large pictures, but wouldn't affect shorter renderings.

This bug has been fixed in version 3.4, and you should rerun your
simulation with the new version to check if the problem goes away.  Be
sure to pick up the 3.4.1 patch release while you're at it.

-Greg