[Radiance-general] Re: Problem with big pictures

Greg Ward [email protected]
Wed, 10 Apr 2002 11:23:13 -0700

Hi Martin,

Your rpiece result with dark blocks is what I might expect if the output
buffer position gets off by one byte, though I would expect the colors
to shift dramatically as well.  I might be able to give you some better
help if you can compress the picture file and put it on a website
somewhere that I can retrieve it.  I looked at the rpiece code, and
there are plenty of places where NFS could screw up, or it may be that
there is a detail about the fcntl() file locking call I don't know, and
it ends up modifying what I supposed was a read-only parameter.

It's also possible that there is a bug I fixed a long time ago in
rpiece, and you just need the newer version.  Try downloading the latest
(3.4) release of Radiance from http://radsite.lbl.gov/radiance and do a
diff between the src/util/rpiece.c file there and the one in your code
tree.  Send it to me.

-Greg