[Radiance-general] Problem with big pictures

John E. de Valpine [email protected]
Tue, 09 Apr 2002 14:40:18 -0400

Martin:

There is some diagnostic/descriptive information that could be helpful to allow people to better understand what is going on and suggest possible solutions:

   * What is the configuration of your cluster? How many nodes? What clustering mechanism (nfs or something more advanced)?
   * Which version of the Linux kernel are you using? Correct functioning of rpiece is dependent on file locking. So depending on the kernel and cluster configuration this may be part of your problem.
   * How is the scene configured? What kind of lighting is used? How many lights?
   * How long does the image take to render (on a single machine at small size vs large size on the cluster)?

It would also be helpful if you could also provide an example of the image as it should "correctly" appear (perhaps one of the smaller renderings that you have successfully produced). This way people can better understand what is going on in the scene. In all honesty, while the octree may appear to be large, 570,000 polygons is not a lot of
geometry for Radiance.

Regards,

-Jack de Valpine

--