[Radiance-general] Rayfront: luminaire units & scale

Georg Mischler [email protected]
Tue, 9 Apr 2002 11:41:37 -0400 (EDT)

Randolph Fritz wrote:

> Plugging right along here...
>
> It seems to me there ought to be a place where I switch the luminaire
> size units from mm to decimal feet, the units of my model.  Am I
> right?  If so, where's a good place to do it?

Rayfront only knows about metric units. You need to scale all
your geometry to meters when importing. With 1.0.3, this actually
works for all other import types as well, such as views and
measuring fields (sensor grids). The luminaire import module
will automatically transform IES data to metric, depending on
the units they are defined in.

Other than that, the right list for this question would be this: