[Radiance-general] XEON & SUSE 7.2

Roland Schregle [email protected]
Thu, 20 Sep 2001 18:46:59 +0200

Georg Mischler wrote:

> > Actualy we run the red-had compiled binaries with SUSE 7.1 to fix the
> > problem with killed processes in case of large ambient files. That's the
> > problems I'm looking for!
>
> That's a problem with a broken qsort() routine in the system
> library, as I'm sure you have seen in another thread further
> above (together with the official solution). It has nothing
> to do with the CPU type of your system. If the OS runs fine on
> your CPU, then so will Radiance.

Trash the sortambvals(0) call in ambient(..) (file ambient.c) and lo and behold, runs
cherry. Never saw the point of that routine anyway.

See ya!

--
Roland Schregle
Fraunhofer Institute for Solar Energy Systems

Under US Code Title 47, Sec.227(b)(1)(C), Sec.227(a)(2)(B), this email
address may not be added to any commercial mail list without my permission.
Violation of my privacy with advertising or SPAM will result in a suit for
a MINIMUM of $500 damages/incident, $1500 + knuckle sandwich for repeats!