[Radiance-general] where to get macbeth colorchecker?

Georg Mischler [email protected]
Mon, 17 Sep 2001 11:37:01 -0400 (EDT)

[email protected] wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Thank you for the address! I just have ordered one at Calumet Photo,
> Hamburg, it is about 165 DM there. Has anybody experiences with this kind of
> getting material parameters? Any hints? My flight goes on Thursday ;-))) What
> should I know BEFORE taking photos?

Most importantly, you should know that the photos will NOT give
you any realistic color values... But you probably know that
already. The best thing would be to compare the colors of the
real object with those swatches *in the same lighting conditions*,
and to only use the photographs for sanity checking the results.

If you *only* compare with the photos, then the use of any color
calibration system really sonds like a waste of time.

-schorsch

Georg Mischler  --  simulations developer  --  schorsch at schorsch.com
+schorsch.com+  --  lighting design tools  --  http://www.schorsch.com/