[Radiance-general] Re: VRML -> Radiance translator ?

Greg Ward [email protected]
Mon, 10 Sep 2001 09:26:58 -0700

You can get from Radiance to VRML via MGF, but not the reverse as far as
I know.  To create an MGF file from a Radiance description, use rad2mgf.
 It won't translate textures, patterns, and some of the fancier
materials, but it captures most of the rest of it.  Then, use mgf2inv to
get to Inventor format, which is the same as VRML.  You need to use the
-vrml switch to get the correct version header, but otherwise the output
is identical.

The reason there's no translator from VRML to Radiance is because it's
very difficult (in my opinion) to support VRML, plus it's such a moving
target...  It requires a parser library and I just never got around to
implementing it.  Volunteers are welcome, as always.

-Greg