[Radiance-general] panotools to map textures, patterns etc?

Lars O. Grobe [email protected]
Mon, 19 Nov 2001 23:46:39 +0100

Hi!

For me (as I am a student of architecture and not of mathematics) it's
very difficult to understand how to map onto non-planar objects. E.g. if
I want to map onto a cylinder, I know that there is a cal-file, but I
don't really understand this. Now, maybe I should try, but I just found
a set of tools called panotools (www.panotools.org), which is able to
convert bitmap-files from different projections. Would it be possible to
use it to create imagefiles that could be mapped onto e.g. a radiance
cylinder without any further calculations, just like mapping iot onto a
plane? I would really like to have pic-files that don't need any further
calculations.

So, maybe someone tried something like this before? Or am I completely
wrong with this?

Thank You, CU, Lars.