[Radiance-general] Mesh smoothing

Russell Maunder [email protected]
Fri, 3 Aug 2001 09:57:44 +1200

Hi all

I have a question about smoothing. If you add the -s switch in gensurf you can get
a smooth shaded surface. Is there any way I can insert this smoothing to a surface
that I have imported from AutoCAD? I do not want to increase the polygon count but
i do want to smooth out the faceted glare on the surface.

Any ideas about this?

On a side note I am also looking at modelling light redirection systems (horizantal/vertical
glazing) and refractive systems. I have looked at some of the designs on www.schorsch.com
and attempted to model them using AutoCAD or a gen program then assigning a dielectric
material. Does any else have experience with creating these and would it be possible
to use a different modifier? I am looking for the most accurate calculation.

Thanks

Russell Maunder

BBSc (hons)
Victoria University of Wellington