[Radiance-dev] SPEED or no SPEED

Georg Mischler schorsch at schorsch.com
Mon Sep 19 13:35:45 CEST 2005

Greg Ward wrote:

> Hi Schorsch,
>
> I agree that the SPEED macro has outlived its usefulness.  I will go
> in and make the appropriate changes to remove it from makeall and the
> source tree, and you can follow by removing it from your SCons
> configuration.

Thanks, removed all traces of SPEED from the SCons system (yeah,
I'm sure someone will make a pun out of this... ;)).

I found that it was still mentioned in doc/notes/compile_switches,
and removed the description there. Doing so, I saw some more
outdated flags listed:

-DALIGN is not used anymore in the current sources.

-DBSD lost most of its former purpose, although it seems we can't
remove it completely yet.

I hope my shortened description of the latter is at least half correct.

-schorsch

--
Georg Mischler  --  simulations developer  --  schorsch at schorsch com
+schorsch.com+  --  lighting design tools  --  http://www.schorsch.com/