[Radiance-general] HDR Photos with evalglare

Jan Wienold jan.wienold at ise.fraunhofer.de
Thu Jun 20 12:41:01 PDT 2013

Hi Nassif,

the most important thing is, that you KNOW what is your type of lens you
are using. Then you have to "transfer" its specification into correct
radiance view parameters.
what you need is view type, horizontal and vertical size of the image.

If you look at the documentation of evalglare you can see, that you can
specify the view type when calling evalglare (you don't have to add the
view spec to the HDR file):

/In case, the view settings within the image are missing or are not
valid (e.g. after the use of pcompos or pcomb), the view options can be
set by command line options. As soon as view options are set within the
command line, view options within the image are ignored. The view
options are implemented according to the RADIANCE definition (please
read man page of rpict for details)://
//-vtt Set view type to t. (for fish-eye views, please use --vta or
--vth preferably)//
//-vf viewfile Get view parameters from file.//
//-vv val Set the view vertical size to val.//
//-vh val Set the view horizontal size to val.//
/
And be sure using the latest version of evalglare (1.11).

Good luck!

Jan

On 06/19/2013 10:21 AM, nassif nassif wrote:
> hallo,
>
> I have a question before i go through my search:
>
> I made HDR pictures with photosphere, then i tried to use evalglare (
> in windows) but it gave me the
> following message " error: no valid view specified"
>
> - Does anyone knows how to fix the problem with clear steps? (i guess
> i have to include header file
> and so on, but i am not sure how ! ?
>
> another question :) :
>
> - I have mac version 10.6.8 and radiance 4.2a, but evalglare is not
> working anymore, should i
> upgrade my mac to 10.8?
>

> p.s: I worked with evalglare before but only through radiance hdr
> pictures.
>
> thx in advance
>
> nassif
>

> --
> *N.Nassif
>
> Lighting Designer***
> *PLDA Member
>
> Neue Str. 55
> 21073, Hamburg
> Deutschland
>
> +49 162 6050060
> *

Dr.-Ing. Jan Wienold
Head of Team Passive Systems and Daylighting
Fraunhofer-Institut für Solare Energiesysteme
Thermal Systems and Buildings
Heidenhofstr. 2, 79110 Freiburg, Germany
Phone: +49(0)761 4588 5133 Fax:+49(0)761 4588 9133
jan.wienold at ise.fraunhofer.de
http://www.ise.fraunhofer.de

In office:
Mo,Tue: 8:30-18:00