[Radiance-general] Testing -B -R in gensky

Nick Devlin nickd at f2s.com
Wed Nov 22 13:28:31 CET 2006

Giulio & Peter,

Many thanks for the prompt responses.

I followed Giulio's advice regarding testing the resultant illuminance
values. I am responding purely so that other newbies can find the answers
more quickly next time.

To test the sky output I produced just one sky description with +s and -B &
-R defined. Created octree with a simple horizontal surface (not sure this
was necessary) and sky. Then:

Rview -i -vf viewfile.vf test.oct

>From this I derived the direct illuminance on the surface using TRACE
command.

Then restart rview with same parameters but include -ab 1 to include the
diffuse component from the skydome. Easy. Trace again, and check the values
against my assumptions.

In short, specifying -R & -B explicitly define. Had just managed to confuse
myself by thinking too hard!

Many thanks

Nick

Message: 5